Last week, NICOZ Diamond partnered with the BOOST (Building Opportunities On Student Talent) fellowship to launch the second Think Tank Innovative Minds Programme aimed at empowering students and their brilliant Insurance-related ideas.
The Think Tank Innovative Minds Programme seeks to conjure untapped youth talent in the Zimbabwean job market and also to add more ideas to NICOZ to attract more investors and clients.
The short-term insurance company plans to reward the winner of the competition with an employment contract where they will help the victor develop his idea with in-house moulding, meant to usher in new concepts and systems; while topping it off with $2500 prize money.
Participants drawn mostly from Zimbabwean tertiary institutions are expected to present a well-defined proposal of their proposed product or service. Participants should be able to explain how the innovation can change the insurance industry as a whole not only for NICOZ Diamond. In addition, should they advance, they are to come up with a 10-minute presentation to accompany the proposal.
The innovations will be judged on…
- and Quality of articulation.
The participants can team up to a maximum of 3 people, while 10 applicants are to be shortlisted this November. Shortlisted participants will go through interviews, 5 will be selected for the finals in January 2019. Each group is allowed only one idea per group in the competition.
The procedure for one to be part of the competition is as follows:
- Figure out if you qualify for NICOZ Diamond innovators challenge.
- Complete the online application
- Wait to hear if you have been selected to pitch for the innovators round.
- If selected you will pitch in front of the NICOZ Diamond innovators judges
- Selected innovators will be mentored by different NICOZ Diamond personnel depending on the innovation e.g. IT, Service Operations, Finance.
- Selected innovations will go to the final round where they will pitch their ideas and stand a chance to be crowned at the NICOZ Diamond Annual awards, where a total of $5250 worth of prizes will be won.